We’re right smack bang in the middle of winter, and our mornings are cold. We’ve created this delicious hot porridge recipe for you guys to create in the morning before your golf game, or even on your days off.
It takes 10 minutes to cook, super easy, and fills you up for the whole morning to sustain your energy levels.
Why are oats so good? Well for starters they’re incredibly nutrient dense, a gluten free whole grain, with important vitamins, minerals, fibre and antioxidants. Plus they’re among the healthiest grains on earth.
So here’s how we do it….
Fairway Birdies Perfect Porridge
- 1 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup of rolled oats
- half a cap full of vanilla essence
- tea spoon of cinnamon
- spoonful of peanut butter
- dollop of natural greek yogurt
- fruit topping of choice (we love our porridge with berries)
- Heat up milk, vanilla essence and cinnamon in a sauce pan for a couple of minutes until hot
- Add the oats and stir until it has soaked up a majority of the milk and is a texture to your liking
- Spoon mixture into a small bowl
- Add peanut butter, yogurt and your fruit topping of choice
- Eat it all up!
- Feel free to add nuts, seeds, cacao nibs, extra cinnamon (and other superfoods) sprinkled on top!
Let us know how this recipe goes for you! It’s a daily recipe in our household and we highly recommend it.
Happy Golfing (and eating)!